I grew up as the ‘weird kid’ who actually liked brussels sprouts, so I love trying to find different ways to cook them.
You can really use any kind of vegetables you like for this recipe, these are just the ones I like best. When I can find them, I like to use purple potatoes instead of a mixture, they are absolutely delicious.
This is my recipe, based off my taste
Prep time: 30 minutes; Cooking time: 30 to 40 minutes
- 6-8 large carrots, chopped
- 4-5 cups of brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 lb. of small mixed potatoes or any small kind, halved or quartered
- A few drizzles of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
*You can adjust this to include whatever vegetables you enjoy and change the quantities of each; but the cooking time might differ.
1. Pre-heat you oven to 425°F.
2. Prep all ingredients. Peel and chop the carrots; wash and chop the potatoes; trim, half, and rinse the brussels sprouts. *you want to keep everything similar in size, so everything cooks evenly
3. Add all the vegetables to a large roasting pan or a cookie sheet covered in tin foiled. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss until evenly coated.
4. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until each type of vegetable is tender. Serve alone or as a side dish. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Feel free to leave a comment or question and subscribe for more recipes every Monday & Thursday.