This stir fry is a quick, easy, and delicious dinner! It’s packed with veggies and the sauce is a mix of sweet maple syrup and tangy rice wine vinegar.
This is one of my favorite recipes to make for work and at home. It’s one of those recipes that makes eating vegan seem super easy. And as an extra perk – it’s gluten free and follows macrobiotic guidelines as well.
This is one of the recipes I found just searching for ‘pasta’ recipes, instead of trying to search for ‘gluten free pasta’ recipes. It really works so much better. And of course, I changed things up a bit to make it fit what I needed.
This is always my favorite tip to tell people – try not to search for too specific of recipes. You’ll get more results to work with and you can customize recipes to your dietary needs.
For work, I sometimes cook things a little differently than I normally would because of how much I need to cook at one time. This is why sometimes the pictures I use in these posts make it look like there are a lot more of the ingredients than the recipe calls for. I cook for 18-20 people at a time, so I normally double or triple a recipe.
Also, even though it’s not pictured, I would recommend using a wok for this recipe. A large sauté pan would work as well, but a wok is your best option.
Broccoli & Carrot Stir Fry
1 bag organic gluten free brown rice pasta (or your favorite pasta)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 head of broccoli, cut in little florets
2-3 small carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
1 bunch of scallions, thinly sliced
A handful of fresh basil, thinly sliced
Sesame seeds, for garnish
1/4 cup tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 cloves garlic, minced/grated
1 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
A pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Prep all veggies, garlic, and ginger.
2. In a small bowl, place prepped garlic and ginger and all of the other sauce ingredients. Whisk until combined.
3. Place a large pot of water on the stove and let it begin to boil while you cook the veggies.
4. In a wok or large sauté pan, sauté broccoli and carrots in extra virgin olive oil for about 5-7 minutes, over medium heat
5. When the pasta water is boiling, cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
6. Add scallions to the broccoli mix and cook for about 2 more minutes. Add the sauce and basil and mix everything together.
7. When the pasta is done, drain and place it in the pan with the veggies and sauce. Toss everything together.
8. Serve right away and topped with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
Subscribe for more recipes like this!
If you have any questions, comments, or recipe requests, please feel free to leave a comment or contact me. Also, if you make this recipe, please let me know what you think!