This recipe is something I made up a few years ago because I had so many cherry tomatoes from our garden. By the middle of August, we have so many tomatoes I run out of ways to use them, so this recipe is perfect.
This recipe can be made with dried herbs, but when I have fresh herbs available from my garden, I use them.
The night I made this, we decided to try using brown rice pasta. I will always prefer regular pasta, but the brown rice pasta was okay. The only complaints I have are: it took about 23 minutes to cook and it was a bit slimy. But with that said, the taste wasn’t too different than normal pasta.
This recipe is so quick and easy, it’s perfect to make during the week. The sauce is made while the pasta is cooking and prep doesn’t take long, so it only takes about 20 to 25 minutes in all.
Cherry Tomato & Herb Spaghetti
Prep Time: 5 to 10 minutes; Cooking Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12oz to 16oz box of spaghetti *we tried brown rice pasta this day
- Parmesan, for topping
1. Prep all the ingredients.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. When it’s boiling, add salt and the pasta.
3. While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil and butter to a saucepan over medium-low heat.
4. When the olive oil and butter are warm, add garlic and herbs, cook for about a minute. Add the tomatoes, lower the heat a little, cook for 5-7 minutes. You want the tomatoes to be warmed through, but not too mushy.
5. When the pasta is finished cooking, add directly to the saucepan with the tomatoes, toss to combine.
6. Serve with a topping of parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Please feel free to leave a question or comment. Subscribe for more posts on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.