Since I posted my tip about using frozen fruit for smoothies, I figured I would post a few of my favorite smoothie combinations. I know it’s not much of a recipe, but everyone makes their smoothies different, so I thought I would post how I make mine.
As I type this, I have a batch of this smoothie in the freezer in popsicle molds. I finally bought popsicle molds and it’s finally warm outside today, so I figured I would try freezing one of my favorite smoothies in them. It’s just a test run, but if it works I’ll be sure to post about it.
Strawberry, Blueberry, & Banana Smoothie
- 1 blueberry or plain greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
*I try to use frozen berries as much as possible, but fresh are just as good.
1. Get all your ingredients out and ready. If you’re using fresh strawberries, slice them up.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender. Any blender is fine, I use a small individual blender by Hamilton Beach – here is a link.
3. Blend until smooth, stirring if necessary. Enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Feel free to leave a comment or question and subscribe for more recipes on Mondays & Thursdays.