Orzo has to be my favorite pasta shape and it is so versatile. This salad is so simple and it tastes good cold or warm. It’s great as a side dish or as a main dish with the addition of chicken.
This salad gets a lot of its flavor from cooking the orzo in chicken broth, although you could use water or vegetable broth to make it vegetarian. The sun-dried tomatoes and feta are a great combination; they give this salad a Greek influence. I’ve never tried it, but chopped katamala olives would probably make a great addition.
Sun-dried Tomato & Feta Orzo Salad:
This is not my recipe, but I’m not sure where it’s from.
Active Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orzo
- 3-4 tablespoons feta, crumbled
- 3-4 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a small saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. *you can also use just water or a mixture of broth and water
2. When the chicken broth has come to a boil, add orzo and cook until all the liquid is gone. Be careful towards the end of cooking to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan; just keep stirring.
3. Before cooking the orzo or while it’s cooking, chop the sun-dried tomatoes and add to a medium-sized bowl with the feta.
4. When the orzo has finished cooking, add to the bowl with the other ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix. Serve as a side dish or add pieces of chicken for a main dish. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe! Feel free to leave a comment or question and subscribe for more recipes every Monday & Thursday.