Don’t feel like making pizza dough? Or just want something less fussy? Naan bread is perfect! Naan bread is a great base for pizza because it doesn’t have a strong flavor and crisps up nicely.
This recipe is super simple, quick, and you can make any flavor combo you would like! You can make just 1 kind or 4 different kinds, my favorite combos are sun-dried tomato, spinach, & mozzarella and pesto, tomato, & mozzarella.
For this recipe, I use the oven, but you could also use an outdoor grill. To start, I like to bake the naan for a few minutes, without any toppings. This is to ensure it gets crisp enough without burning the toppings at the end. Then I add the toppings and bake until the cheese has melted and the bottoms have gone golden brown.
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes; Cook Time: 10 to 12 minutes
- 4 Naan Tandoori breads
- A few drizzles of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 8oz. ball of mozzarella, cut into little cubes
- A few handfuls of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 10 to 12 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
*You can use what ever toppings you would like, these are just the ones I use
1. Pre-heat your oven to 400°F. Prep all ingredients and put naan bread on sheet pans.
2. On each naan bread, drizzle some olive oil and spread around with a brush. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then bake each pan for 3 minutes.
3. Once the bread is out of the oven, you can apply the toppings. You can make any kind of pizza(s) you would like, these are just the kinds of pizza I make.
a. Pizza Combo 1: On 2 of the pizzas, spread a thin layer of pesto then place sliced tomatoes all over. To finish, sprinkle a quarter of the mozzarella over each pizza.
b. Pizza Combo 2: On the other 2 pizzas, evenly spread the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. Then, top with a quarter of the mozzarella on each. Finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
4. One tray at a time, cook the naan pizzas for 8 to 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is crisp.
5. Once they are finished cooking, let rest for about 5 minutes. Cut any way you would like and enjoy!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Please feel free to leave a question or comment telling me your favorite pizza toppings. Subscribe for more posts on Mondays, Thursdays, and Saturdays.